Sunday, August 14, 2016

Entrusted

My Tuesday morning ladies group has recently decided that this fall we're going to do Beth Moore's "Entrusted", a study on 2 Timothy.  While I await the start of that with eager anticipation, conveniently enough, this summer I've been attending a Sunday morning class that's been going through 1 and 2 Timothy, as well as Titus.  This morning, our reading was from 2 Tim. 2:1-13, and we did a 3-column study on it.  I usually enjoy writing my column 2 in the form of a prayer:

"Lord, I'm thankful that you are faithful, even when we are not.  Your word is always true, and what you say will be accomplished.  It's only through Your word that hardship leads to victory, captivity equals freedom, and death is raised to life.  This is Your gospel; it was Paul's gospel; and it is my gospel.  I am grateful that there have been so many willing and able, trustworthy witnesses of this gospel in their own lives who have continued to pass it down, one generation after another.  I pray that, through your grace, You help me to endure and to persevere, just as so many of your servants have who have gone on before, so that I, too, can be a faithful witness of the gospel that has been entrusted to me."

No comments: