Saturday, December 4, 2010

Project 4:4--Day Three Hundred Seventeen

Day Three Hundred Seventeen--Matt. 26, Mark 14, Luke 21-22, John 12

As we go through today's reading, we are nearing the time for Jesus' crucifixion.

Judas goes to the chief priests and officials, and he agrees to betray Jesus for the measly price of thirty silver coins.

We see Jesus again teaching at the Temple, adn again we see more fulfillment of prophecy, as the people do not believe in Him, according ot the word of the prophet Isaiah, "Lord who has believed our message and to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?" And as he also says, "He has blinded their eyes and deadened their hearts, so that they can neither see with their eyes, nor understand with their hearts, nor turn--and I would heal them."

It is on this day that Jesus makes His final appeal to the people, as He cries out, "When a man believes in me, he does not believe in me only, but int he one who sent me. When he looks at me, he sees the one who sent me. I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness."

No comments: