Monday, October 25, 2010

Project 4:4--Day Two Hundred Ninety Two

Day Two Hundred Ninety-Two, Matthew 1, Luke 3

Next we take a peek at the genealogies of Christ that are listed for us, particularly the one listed in Matthew. There are so many recognizable names in that list now. They were there before, and I'm sure I recognized some of them. But I never paid much attention to them. Matthew Chapter 1 was just the chapter that I skipped over when I was reading my Bible in December, in order to get to Chapter 2. But now, a few more of those names grab my attention and make me remember the significance that there is in those names being in that particular list:

Abraham; Isaac; Jacob; Judah and Tamar; Rahab; Ruth; Solomon, whose mother had been Uriah's wife; Hezekiah; Manasseh; Josiah...

The list goes on. The list is full of people...some whose stories in the Bible paint them in a little bit better light than others...but still, sinful people, every one of them. People who needed a Savior.

People just like you.

People just like me.

No comments: