Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Project 4:4--Day Two Hundred Ninety-One

Day Two Hundred Ninety-One, Mark 1, John 1, Luke 1

Yes, I know. I've missed a few days in here. Sure, I've been trotting along with the Project 4:4 reading, but at the beginning of the year, it was my hope to be able to create a record of the things that I've learned in my first trip through the entire Bible. Unfortunately, I've been unable to do that. And yes, part of me feels like a little bit of a failure for that. But as they say, when you fall off a horse, you gotta get right back on.

And the start of the New Testament seems like a perfect time for me to get back on. After 10 months of the garden and sin; sin and the flood; the patriarchs and their wanderings; Egypt and slavery; wandering and sin; unfaithfulness and judges; kings and idols; exile and repentance--after 10 months of all that, I am ready for some Jesus in my life. Because He is the answer to all the sin and wandering and unfaithfulness and idolatry and every other problem that we humans have faced since the beginning of time. "For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ."

I've read the opening chapter to the book of John many, many times, but I'm blown away right now, thinking of it in light of all that's been leading up to this moment...this moment of Immanuel, of God with us!!! "The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth."

The Word became flesh.

THE WORD BECAME FLESH!!!

Praise God for that!

No comments: