Thursday, June 10, 2010

Project 4:4--Day One Hundred Thirty-Two

Day One Hundred Thirty-Two, I Kings 2, 3, 9, 3, II Chron. 1, I Kings 3

The most impressive part of today’s reading is simply Solomon’s request.

This is a story I’ve heard thousands of times. I remember learning it as far back as when I was in preschool. It is one of our kids’ stories that we love to teach our children.

But I think it means so much more to me now that I’m older.

God tells Solomon, “Ask me for ANYTHING.”
Anything? Really??? Anything at all?????

If I could have anything that my heart desires, I’m not entirely sure what I would ask for.

But I love that when given that astounding opportunity, the desire of Solomon’s heart was to have a heart like His, distinguishing right from wrong.

I’m reminded of the Psalm that says to “Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.”

No comments: