Sunday, June 13, 2010

Project 4:4--Day One Hundred Forty-Six

Day One Hundred Forty-Six, Psalm 127, Song of Solomon

I love Psalm 127, which is the psalm written by Solomon. I love how it expresses the importance of reliance on God for everything that we intend to accomplish.

Unless the Lord builds the house,
Its builders labor in vain.
Unless the Lord watches over the city,
The watchmen stand guard in vain.
In vain you rise early
And stay up late,
Toiling for food to eat—
For he grants sleep to those he loves.

Sons are a heritage from the Lord,
children a reward from him.
Like arrows in the hands of a warrior
are sons born in one’s youth.
Blessed is the man
whose quiver is full of them.
They will not be put to shame
when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Also in today’s reading was the Song of Solomon. As someone who’s never been married and someone who really never has…I don’t really wanna touch this one with a ten-foot pole.

I mean, take, for example, chapter 7, verses 6-8, where the Lover says,

“How beautiful you are and how pleasing,
O love, with your delights!
Your stature is like that of the palm,
And your breasts like clusters of fruit.
I said, ‘I will climb the palm tree;
I will take hold of its fruit.’”

Really??? Seriously????? I’m not sure I’m even old enough to be reading this stuff!

No comments: