Monday, April 19, 2010

Project 4:4--Day Ninety

Day Ninety, I Samuel 16-17

Today’s story is one everyone’s heard before…David and Goliath.

So many things I could say about this, but I’ll just touch on the one thing that my minister mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I’d not thought of before.
He spoke of David volunteering to fight the giant, and so King Saul sends for David. He tries to give David his armor, but David can’t fight in it; it’s too big for him and he’s not used to it. So David decides to take off against Goliath with just a sling and some stones. He expresses his faith in God to deliver him, so Saul tells him, “Go, and the Lord be with you.”

Our minister just contrasted David’s faith with Saul’s lack of faith. He threw out the “Lord be with you” but did he really believe it? If he had believed that the Lord was with whomever would fight, why didn’t HE volunteer to fight Goliath?

Just something to think about.

No comments: