Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Project 4;4--Day Sixty-Four

Day Sixty-Four, More Various Passages from Exodus, Leviticus, and Deuteronomy

Today’s reading was a little bit of a hodge-podge as we finish up the 613 precepts of the Law. There were laws about how to treat the poor, laws about treating people with respect, and laws about going to war.

I love that God instructs the people to leave some crops in their field for the poor and the widow. He sternly warns, “Do not take advantage of a widow or an orphan. If you do and they cry out to me, I will certainly hear their cry. My anger will be aroused, and I will kill you with the sword; your wives will become widows and your children fatherless.”

I love the fact that our God never changes; He’s the same yesterday, today, and forever. In James His Word says, “Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.”

No comments: