Sunday, February 21, 2010

Project 4:4--Day Forty-Four

Day Forty-Four, Numbers 26

In sharing my thoughts on this year-long Bible study, can I be honest with you all here?

Today's reading was a little shorter one, only about three pages or so. But it was three pages full of groups of people too numerous for me to really imagine, and with names too difficult for me to pronounce.

That's it. That was today's reading.

God commanded Moses and Eleazar to take another census of the entire Israelite community by families. This census would form the basis for how the land would be divided once the Israelites crossed over the Jordan into the promised land, with, of course, larger families receiving larger portions of land and smaller families receiving smaller portions.

Sorry I don't have anything insightful that we can learn from today's reading.

But I'm glad that you can at least appreciate my honesty. :)

No comments: