Monday, January 11, 2010

Project 4:4--Day Ten

Not a lot from today's reading of Genesis 24. This was the story of Abraham sending his servant to find a wife for Isaac.

I thought it was interesting that Abraham insisted on the importance of the servant going back to Abraham's family to find Isaac a wife from among his kinsmen, rather than finding a Canaanite wife for Isaac.

I love the siginificance of Abraham's servant praying for guidance...I love that he has learned, perhaps from Abraham, to rely on the God of Abraham.

I also love the reminder we have that God knows what we need and He answers prayers. In the case of this servant, before the servant was even done praying, God sent Rebekah to the well!

Finally, I love the servant's response. As soon as he realizes that God has answered his prayer, he bowed down and worshiped the Lord. Then he got up and couldn't wait to tell what the Lord had done for him.

No comments: