Sunday, January 3, 2010

Prayers for Guidance......for a friend...

"In Your lovingkindness You have led the people whom You have redeemed; in Your strength You have guided them to Your holy habitation."--Ex. 15:13

"You have taken hold of my right hand. With Your counsel You will guide me, and afterward receive me to glory. Whom have I in heaven but You? And besides You, I desire nothing on earth. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."--Ps. 73:23-26

"Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path."--Ps. 119:105

"Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your Presence? If I ascend to heaven, You are there; if I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there. If I take the wings of the dawn, if I dwell in the remotest part of the sea, even there Your hand will lead me, and Your right hand will lay hold of me."--Ps. 139:7-10

"Let me hear Your lovingkindnes in the morning; for I trust in You; teach me the way in which I should walk, for to You I lift up my soul."--Ps. 143:8

"Is this not the fast which I choose, to loosen the bonds of wickedess, to undo the band of the yoke, and to let the oppressed go free and break every yoke? Is it not to divide your bread with the hungry and bring the homeless poor into the house; when you see the naked, to cover him; and not to hide yourself from your own flesh? Then your light will break out like the dawn, and your recovery will speedily spring forth; and your righteousness will go before you; the glory of the Lord will be your rear guard. Then you will call and the Lord will answer; you will cry and He will say, 'Here I am.' If you remove the yoke from your midst, the pointing of the finger and speaking wickedness, and if you give yourself to the hungry and satisfy the desire of the afflicted, then your light will rise in darkness and your gloom will become like the midday. And the Lord will continually guide you, and satisfy your desire in scorched places, and give strength to your bones; and you will be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water whose waters do not fail."--Is. 58:6-12

"But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and manifests through us the sweet aroma of the knowledge of Him in every place."--II Cor. 2:14

"I am the Light of the world; he who follows Me will not walk in darkness, but will have the Light of life."--John 8:12

"I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you should go; I will counsel you with My eye upon you."--Ps. 32:8

"For the Lord gives wisdom; from His mouth come knowledge and understanding. He stores up sound wisdom for the upright; He is a shield to those who walk in integrity, guarding the paths of justice, and He preserves the way of His godly ones."--Prov. 2:6-8

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight."--Prov. 3:5-6

"Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel, 'I am the Lord your God, who teaches you to profit, who leads you in the way you shoud go.'"--Is. 48:17

"May the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God and into the steadfastness of Christ."--II Thes. 3:5

"I will bless the Lord who has counseled me; indeed my mind instructs me in the night. I have set the Lord continually before me; because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Therefore, my heart is glad and my glory rejoices, my flesh also will dwell securely. For You will not abandon my soul to Sheol; nor will You allow Your Holy One to undergo decay. You will make known to me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy; in Your right hand there are pleasures forever."--Ps. 16:7-11

"The steps of a man are established by the Lord, and He delights in his way. When he falls, he will not be hurled headlong, because the Lord is the One who holds his hand."--Ps. 37:23-24

"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"--Micah 6:8

"I will ask the Father, and He will gve you another Helper that He may be with you forever; that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you and will be in you."--John 14:16-17

No comments: