Friday, May 16, 2008

Shackled by The Shack

Never before in my adult life have I been so held captive by a book (save the Bible) as I am by William P. Young's The Shack.

After hearing mixed reviews of this book, I just so happened to see it laying over at a friend's house. When I asked her what she thought of it, she said it was really good. She said she had just finished it and offered to let me borrow it.

I picked it up and started reading it earlier this week.

I've barely been able to put it down since.

I'm not sure what it is. Perhaps it's because it's so different--I don't usually read fiction.

Or perhaps it's because I love the picture that it paints of our Triune God!

Either way, I'm about halfway through it now. I'll be sure to come back and let you know what I think of it when I'm done with it!

Which, at this rate, should be sometime tomorrow.

1 comment:

Adam Gonnerman said...

There's quite a bit of blogger buzz about this book. I'm definitely going to have to get it.