Saturday, December 29, 2007

Ponderings on Prayer (Part 5)

I was going to ask you all to think with me for a little bit more about Jesus, praying in the Garden. I was going to ask why He prayed so hard for something that He, in His infinite knowledge and wisdom, knew wouldn't happen??? Seriously, I wanted to ask you all...if there were any other way for the omniscient, omnipotent Creator to accomplish this task of saving our souls, don't you think He would have thought of it before that moment??? So, in essence, wasn't Jesus praying for a cup to pass, even though He knew that it mustn't???

I was going to ask you all if anybody besides me wondered what the point was or if this lead anybody else to think that there must be some other reason He was praying??? That there is some other reason to pray to God, besides just asking Him in the hopes of getting what we ask for???

But before I had the chance to ask you all these questions, I came across this post. I found it incredibly comforting and very insightful at the same time, and I wanted to share it with you all. So stop wasting your time here on my ramblings. Go over to his place and read this post. In fact, while you're there, pull up a chair...kick back...put your feet up...stay for awhile, and take in even more of his insight. There's plenty there to keep ya busy for awhile...plenty to teach you and challenge you and bless you and encourage you. So spend some time over there...you won't regret it. I know I don't.

Much love to you all.

1 comment:

preacherman said...

I first hope that you had a great Christmas and have a Happy New Years.

I think this a great series.
An important series as well.
I might recommend a wonderful book by Bill Hybels, "Too Busy Not To Pray." It is the best book that I have ever read on prayer.

I have thought about why Jesus asked to have the cup pass from Him. I do think He wanted God to come up with another way if possible. I do think Jesus is limited in what He knows as far as time and space. Scriptures says, that not even Jesus knows the time God will return. I find that very intersting.

I think Jesus was praying because he needed strength to handle the trials and day ahead. He knew God was going to turn his back on him. He needed strength.

I think that should encourge us to know that we as Christians can go to God and ask for Strength as Jesus did in the garden. It is a true glimse of Jesus humanity if you look close enough at the garden.

Excellent post sister.
Keep up the wonderful writtings.