Thursday, November 15, 2007

Thanksgiving (Yes, I know it's a week early...)

A couple of weeks ago, both my minister, Chuck, and my singles minister, Hans, stumbled upon my ramblings here at this place. After reading some of what I had written, my singles minster accused me of only writing about our Wednesday night class (taught by Chuck) while never writing about our Sunday morning class (which he teaches). Come to think of it, I do write ALOT about our Wednesday night discussions. I guess I didn't realize how much.

But at the risk of Hans "developing a complex" I wanted to share some more from this past Wednesday night. Since our class will not meet next week, Chuck wanted to spend some time just talking about the things we're thankful for. Some are "deeper" than others, if you will. However, all of them, I believe, were worth mentioning. Because you can never be too thankful.
So as people mentioned things, I compiled a list. Here is that list:
--Graduation
--Freedom
--Dogs/Animals
--FREE salvation
--Good jobs and coworkers
--Football
--Being able to help others
--Music
--Art
--Microwaves (we'll just not let Chuck operate them)
--Compassion
--Perspective
--China
--Spiritual growth that comes from the hard times
--Our singles class there at PV
--Family
--Friends
--The ability to overcome fears, such as that of flying (Way to go, Steve!)
--Laughter
--Hair (Hans is especially thankful for this.)
--Good health
--Individual and unique talents
--Humility
--The ability to write [the guy that mentioned this said he'd been working on a book awhile back and started back on it again...Keith are you reading this??? Did you catch that last night??? I hope so... ;) ]
--Good books [perhaps I'll have another of these if Keith is reading this or was paying attention last night ;) ]
--Relationships
--Close friends who will stay up late at night with you, holding your hair back while you throw up (you kinda had to be there...and know the girl that mentioned it...)
--Modern convenience and technology (such as the internet, cell phones, etc.) that make the world a smaller place
--Changing seasons and the beauty of the earth
--Senses
--A place to get away
--Good classic rock
--Good hairstylists that know how to cut curly hair (mentioned by the same girl above that also mentioned close friends...but I'm with her on this one, being the curly girl that I am!)
--HDTV
--Kids
--The fact that there are alot of restaurants in Little Rock

Funny as some of those were, I find myself agreeing w/every single one of them...I, as well, am thankful for everything that was mentioned last night. And I think we should spend more time sharing that with each other and expressing that thanks to God.

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."--James 1:17

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."--I Thes. 5:16-18

5 comments:

Keith Brenton said...

Talk about setting the bar high ...

Alan Gable said...

I'm thankful for China as well. (The nation, not the dishes. Who cares about dishes.)

Good stuff, Lacey.

mmlace said...

"Talk about setting the bar high..."

Huh? I'm sorry, Keith???

Alan, that particular person said he was thankful for China because he's sure that probably, like, half of the stuff in his house was made there.

Keith Brenton said...

Nothing; nothing ... you just go on being thankful for unwritten books ... no pressure, or anything ...!

mmlace said...

Sorry, my brother...don't hate me! No real pressure intended. I'm not necessarily "thankful" for an unwritten book...just hopeful that perhaps one day it will no longer be unwritten.

But even if that's not the case, I'm pretty sure I'll still love ya!