Sunday, August 5, 2007

A Wonderful Weekend...

Friday night, my parents drove up to Little Rock to stay with me for the weekend.

My older sister, brother-in-law, and 3-year-old nephew drove up Saturday morning to spend the day. We took my nephew to the zoo...which I, myself, had never been to, at least not that I remember (my parents say they brought us up here when we were really little.)

It was great to see all the many different animals, from monkeys to warthogs, from elephants to giraffes, camels to otters, bears to birds, and tigers to snakes (ewww...) and we had a blast, despite the fact that it was approximately 100 degrees yesterday afternoon. There's a little train ride that you can take around the zoo, and my sister and I got on there with my nephew...he LOVES trains, so the look on his face while we were riding it was priceless.

We came back to my place, and while my dad and brother-in-law went to pick up dinner, my sister and I took my nephew for a dip in the pool...except that he's kinda afraid of the water...but he was alright. When the guys got back, we all ate dinner together, then we celebrated w/some birthday cake (my dad--51 on Friday; myself--soon to be--well, old).

My sister and her family headed home late yesterday evening, but this morning, my parents came to church with me! It was our first Sunday with our new worship minister (I am SO EXCITED about what the future holds!) and my mom especially was excited about getting to worship with us. Then was a lovely lunch with the 'rents before they headed back home.

All of this just to let you know what a wonderful weekend I've had. I am truly blessed.

Thank you, Lord, for my family; for the good times we are able to share; and for the blessed opportunities to worship together.

Much love!

3 comments:

preacherman said...

I am glad you had a great weekend. My youngest brother lives in little rock and hope to come see him some day. Next time we are down we can take the boys to the zoo. My boys love going the zoo any thing animals they are crazy about and love trains too.

Well, I am glad you had a great weekend. I hope you have a great week.

Alan Gable said...

Lacey. Did you guys go to late service? Glad the fam came to see you...

mmlace said...

Yes, we did. We even sat over on the wrong side of the auditorium...that is, the west side. I don't ever sit over there...it felt weird.