Or at least I think I am, since Alan tagged me with this questionnaire which, as he puts it, is "designed to draw out a deeper level of self-disclosure." These questions seem more difficult and prying than the other tags I've seen, which simply require a list of random facts. (But even that seems to be too much for some people.) I would really rather not do this, but since I just gave Keith a hard time for not doing one of these, for me to shirk my responsibility to the blogging community in this aspect would only make me a hypocrite...
Laced with as much sarcasm as you can possibly imagine: Thanks, Alan.
Here we go...
1. First Memory - Hmmm...that was a long time ago. I have some really vague memories from the preschool I attended between the ages of 2-4 years old. I remember it was at a local CoC in Texarkana, I remember at least one of my teachers, and just have some vague memories of sitting in those classes, w/different activities or learning Bible stories.
2. First Real Kiss - Justin Hignight. Guy I dated a loooong time ago. He's a sweet guy, really, and we're still friends...he still calls me, to this day.
3. First Concert - I'm sorry, I really don't remember.
4. First Love - See #2 above.
5. First Crush - 2nd grade--Zeke Miller--he was my "boyfriend" for awhile--but being in the 2nd grade, I'm not sure what all that entailed.
6. First Thing You Think in the Morning - "Nine more minutes..." (cause that's how long the snooze is on my cell phone) and then"Maybe the Lord will return in the next few minutes, and I won't have to get up and go to work" (this thought only comes because the ringtone that I use for my alarm on my phone is "Days of Elijah" so the first thing I hear is "Behold He comes, Riding on the clouds, Shining like the sun, At the trumpet call," etc., etc....)
7. First Book you Remember Loving - Well, when I was little, I read all the "Babysitters Club" books, I liked them. But as far as just absolutley loving a book for its wonderful story, it would be "Where the Red Fern Grows," which I think I read when I was in the 6th grade...kind of a sad story. I haven't read it since then, so I don't even recall the exact ending, but I do recall that I loved it!
8. First Pet - She was a rat terrier mix named "Peaches." We got her when I was about 7 or 8 years old, and had her till she died, when I was 15. That was a sad day.
9. First Question You'll Ask in Heaven - Why?
10. First thing you think when you hear the word "vacation" - Summertime, and not having to go to work!
11. First Best Friend - Amber Rochelle. She was a girl I went to school with and was in the same class with her from 1st-3rd grade.
12. Last time you dressed up - Ummm...depends on your definition of "dress up." I don't "dress up" too often, I prefer to be comfortable. I almost never wear an actual dress, I usually wear pants to work and to church...I'll just wear pants and a nice top. But a skirt does occasionally get thrown into the mix. The last time I was in a dress was at a district convention for the sorority I was in when I was in college, and at the end of the convention we had our banquet. I wore my little black dress. So I guess that would be the last time I was really dressed up.
13. Last CD you bought - I don't really do that much CD buying. When I was in college, my best friend was a mass comm. major and worked on the campus radio station--she would generally give me any tuneage desired or that she deemed that my library was lacking in. And why buy a whole CD for just a couple of songs that you like? I prefer to purchase one song at a time on my iTunes. So then, the most recent songs I purchased on iTunes were "By His Wounds" by Mac Powell and Mercy Me's "Homesick."
14. Last Book You Read - I just finished up both "Facing Your Giants" by Max Lucado and "Pilgrim Heart" by Darryl Tippens.
15. Last time You Cried - Hmmm...good question...I don't cry very often...and definitely try not to cry in front of other people...so I think it's been awhile......oh yeah, it was at the church camp I counseled about a month ago, I believe. This summer would've been my cousin Jordan's first year to attend the week of this camp that I counsel at...so the thought that "She was supposed to be here" was tucked away in the back of my mind. But one night in particular, one of her friends from her church was thinking about her and got really upset. Then Jordan's sister (my cousin, Cori) and another of my cousins (Summer) --who were both there as campers--saw that, and they were understandably upset. I held myself together as best as possible, trying to be the comforting, reassuring Cousin/Counselor, but once they were calmed down and off to that evening's activities, I retired to the cabin by myself for a few minutes. Just needed a minute or two let some of those same feelings out myself.
16. Last Movie You Saw - Underdog! My dad and I took my 3-year-old nephew to see it yesterday afternoon.
17. Last Time You told someone you loved them - This afternoon...I went down to visit my parents this weekend, and told them I loved them right before I left to come back up here.
18. Last really Funny Thing you Did - Hmmm......not so much what I did as it was what I said. As previously stated, I was down to visit my parents this weekend. Since they live in Texarkana, last night my dad and I hopped over to the TX side of town to purchase a couple of lotto tickets (sorry, we didn't win...but just to see how many people, if any, actually read this...leave a comment on this post...whoever leaves me a comment on this post is guaranteed at least $10,000.00 when and if I ever do win!) Anyway, the funny thing I said was when I was playin a scratch-off. Mine was a type of "Yahtzee" scratch-off where I had several "rolls" of dice to scratch off and if I had any certain combinations, I could win various prize amounts. Well, my dad had finished his and kept asking me "Did you win anything? What did you win?" I said, "I dunno yet, I'm still scratching my rolls!" That didn't come out right, did it???
19. Last Halloween Costume - Ummm...I think it was a princess costume with a long purple cape and a little silver tiara. I thought it was very appropriate. (Why are you laughing???)
20. Last Concert Attended - Riverfest 2007...multiple concerts...Smash Mouth, Pat Benatar, George Clinton, Ruben Studdard...good times, good food, good sights, good smells, and good music. I love Riverfest!
Now...who am I gonna tag? I would love to hear Keith Brenton's answers to these. (He probably won't do this for me...I'm almost certain he will in some way repsectfully decline. But here's hoping!)