Saturday, July 28, 2007

A Powerful Song...

Hey guys, just wanted to pass this on to you, in case you haven't heard it yet. There's a new single by Casting Crowns (off of their new CD, "The Altar and The Door"--to be released in late August) entitled, "East to West" that is playing on the radio right now. I think I first heard it a few weeks ago. It's a very powerful song about forgiveness.

Sometimes we, as Christians, forget that God not only forgives, but also forgets about our sins. For us, as humans, I believe it is impossible to forget such things...when someone wrongs us...and especially when we mess up. We sometimes continue to live with the consequences of our sin, or just the guilt of our sin, and that makes it more difficult to realize that God really does remove our sins from us, as far as the east is from the west. This song is a beautiful expression of those emotions, and a reminder that He does, indeed, "know how far the east is from the west." Not only does His forgiveness allow me to stand before Him "as though I've never sinned," but He is not going to leave me the way He found me...His grace has the power to transform me into what He would have me to be.

If you have yet to hear this beautiful song, click here!

2 comments:

Alan Gable said...

Thanks for the heads up, Lacey. Krisi said Casting Crowns was coming out with some new stuff.

The thing about the "east from the west" is interesting directionally. I've heard folks say that as you continue to travel east, there is never a time when you will start travelling west. On the other hand, if travelling north, at some point you will begin heading south. I think there might be a point in there somewhere.

Regardless, the song is great. Thanks for the link...

mmlace said...

You're welcome. I recall when I first heard the directional thing. When I was in high school, I was at a youth rally, and the speaker that night, when he was talking about forgiveness, had brought a globe that he used to illustrate that very point. It's always remained with me, and that verse has always had so much more meaning to me because of it. Perhaps that's why I like the song so much, I dunno. It's just really good. Thanks for stopping by...much love!--mmlace