Thursday, June 28, 2007

Perfect Timing

Everything about God is perfect, so why shouldn't His timing be??? Why does it surprise us sometimes that His timing is perfect? I guess it just surprises me more when I see it in the little things. I'm in the middle of reading Darryl Tippens' Pilgrim Heart, and earlier this week, I completed two of his chapters that pertain to Sabbath rest, and the blessings that come from taking some time to rest, rather than getting caught up in the things of this life to the neglect of more important matters.

Now...how did God know that was the particular message I would need to hear this week??? But He did. His timing almost amuses me. For this week has been one of the most stressful, mostly at work. We had two employees quit--one was a supervisor, who had given notice a few weeks ago; the other was a brand new employee, who just didn't show up this week. With a shortage of employees, I've had to travel to our branch across town to deal with some cash-handling procedures, and this week, a trip to the branch that normally takes 1 or 1 1/2 hours took 3, because I had to stay over there and assist in something else. Then there were the computer problems on Wednesday. I believe a server was down...which meant the main program that we use to serve members was down...from 11 a.m till about 4:15 p.m. With that, our main check printer was off-line at times, causing some accounting issues, which I discovered today. I began to look for the issues, but have yet to find them...all I've discovered so far is that they won't be easy to find. Oh, and of course, tomorrow is the last business day of the month. And of the quarter.

So on Saturday morning, while some of my friends from our Singles group at PV will be floating the Buffalo, I will be at work, resolving the present issues and, no doubt, helping to avoid future ones. Perfect timing.

Guys, if y'all are out there, would you take the time to remember me in your prayers tonight and tomorrow and Saturday? Pray that I can stay focused on what is important, so that I do not become too stressed out. But more importantly, pray that I can find my peace in my rest in Him, despite the craziness of the world around me. Much love to you all!

2 comments:

Alan Gable said...

Keep your chin up, Lacey. Working on Saturday isn't so bad....ha.

mmlace said...

I won't have to work all day Saturday...it just makes it worse when I could be canoeing on the Buffalo instead! This week has just been exhausting and it's far from over.