Tuesday, June 26, 2007

I Had A Dream...

Which is quite somthing, in and of itself. Because I very rarely, if ever, remember my dreams. That disturbs me sometimes, because you hear of people seeing important things pertaining to their lives, possibly receiving 'messages' if you will, in their dreams. I wonder what possibly important and life-altering messages I'm missing out on...

But, nevertheless, I had a dream last night; one of which I can only remember a few sketchy details. But I found it amusing. And I wanted to share it, especially w/the person it's about...and this is the least-embarassing way I can think of to share it...because maybe he'll never read this...or maybe he will...and maybe he'll find it amusing as well!

I'm not sure what triggered the dream about this person. I guess it's because I'm studying a book right now, along with a study guide that he co-authored (or at least added "editing glimmer" to--the study guide, not the book, that is.) Also, last night, I spent some time right before I went to bed reading some other of his writings and the comments along with them. And I must add that he is a gifted writer.

So...in my dream...sitting in church...Sunday morning, I believe...before church...people still coming in and out, walking up and down the aisle...I'm in the same general vicinity that I usually sit...in my hands are a book that he wrote...how cool is that!...He finally wrote a book!...I think I'd taken the copy w/me to church to ask him to sign it for me...he's in his usual general vicinity...several rows ahead of me, in the section to my left...but for whatever reason, I'm just sitting there, looking at this book...don't remember what it's about...something religious, obviously...only part of the title I recall is something about "Going to God"...maybe??? And as I'm looking at this book, all I recall thinking is, "Oh, what a STUPID title!"

Yep, you read that right. This was one of those early morning dreams, which is probably the only reason that I can recall any of it. More than the vague visuals of the dream described above, I recall my thought process as I was waking up from this dream...

"Oh, what a stupid title!...This can't be right...this can't be his...surely, he could do better than that!...This can't be real...Wait, this isn't real...it's just a dream..."

Then, in my first few moments of full-fledged awakeness, "Oh, how cool! He wrote a book! I wish that were real! Except for the stupid title part!"

Now if only I could remember what the title was, so you'll know not to use it...in the future...when you really do write a book...right??? Or am I just dreaming??? : )

5 comments:

Keith Brenton said...

The truth be told, I am considering writing a book. And the working title is stupid. It would be a book with the subtitle, "An Eschatology You Can Believe In." The working title is from - you would never dream this - a song by The Doors.

Somebody tell David Underwood you read it first here.

mmlace said...

Excuse me, I need a moment to pick my jaw up off the floor! Keith, you made my day! I'm sure the working title's not stupid, in fact, you've got my attention already, and I dunno what it is. Would you be willing to disclose it to us (or at least to me)???

David U said...

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's FINALLY doing it!!!!!!! I knew he had it in him. He was supposed to break the news on MY blog! :)

mmlace, thanks for sharing this with me.

DU

Keith Brenton said...

Sorry, David.

If I revealed my working title (to quote the estimable Cyrano Jones of Star Trek's "Trouble with Tribbles"), what would become of man's quest for knowledge?

mmlace said...

Awww...that makes me sad. Would that revelation have a major impact on "man's quest for knowledge"??? Heh heh. Doubtful. So, then, how long are you gonna leave us hangin, bro???